Pop-Up Drive-Up “Doolittle”
Date: May 16th, 2020Time: 7:30pm
Dates: Sat., May 16
Rated: PG, Run time: 1h 41min
Gates open: 7:30pm, Show start time: 8:45pm
Dr. John Dolittle lives in solitude behind the high walls of his lush manor in 19th-century England. His only companionship comes from an array of exotic animals that he speaks to on a daily basis. But when young Queen Victoria becomes gravely ill, the eccentric doctor and his furry friends embark on an epic adventure to a mythical island to find the cure.
A freewill cash donation will be collected as people drive in, with the proceeds split between the Midwest Theater, Legacy of the Plains Museum, and another featured community organization, which is CAPWN FOOD PANTRY this week.
Please visit and support our drive-thru concessions with a menu featuring popcorn, candy, and bottled beverages will be available. Our preferred payment method is contactless use of credit/debit card or if paying by cash, exact change is requested no change will be given.
The Midwest Theater worked with the Panhandle Public Health District to develop guidelines everyone will need to follow to care for our community during this fun event:
- Please do not come if you or a member of your family is sick.
- PLEASE Only attend as a family/group who all live together. Do not stop and pick up your friends/family or other people who don’t live with you. We reserve the right to turn you away, if we know you are attending with others.
- No One under the age of 18 will be admitted without a Parent/Guardian. For everyone’s Safety, the Parent/Guardian must be driving
- Starting 5/15/20 We will provide a porta potty for emergency use along with hand sanitizer. We still recommend you use the restroom before you arrive. Please ensure 6 feet apart should a line start to form for use. We ask that one person use at a time, unless with a child.
- You will need to stay inside your vehicle at all times, except to use the bathroom.
- Starting 5/15/20: For pickup trucks – .You can sit in the back of a truck.
- Starting 5/15/20: For SUV/Mini Vans – You can sit with the hatch up/back door open.
- You will need an FM radio to receive the movie sound inside your vehicle. Consider bringing a battery-powered portable radio to avoid running down your vehicle’s battery.
- Please wait for an attendant to help you park to ensure an optimal viewing experience for everyone. Larger vehicles will be parked towards the back and sides of the parking lot.
If you have questions, call the theater number 308-632-4311.
Special thanks to the following for making these Midwest Theater Pop-Up Drive-Up movies possible: Stor-Aul, Legacy of the Plains Museum, KNEB / Rural Radio, Panhandle Public Health District, Nebraska Arts Council, Nebraska Cultural Endowment.