Pop-Up Drive-Up: Silverado
Date: May 23rd, 2020Time: 7:30pm
Dates: Sat., May 23
Rated: PG-13, Run time: 2h 13min
Gates open: 7:30pm, Show start time: 8:45pm
Rambling man Emmett (Scott Glenn) assembles a group of misfit cowboys (Kevin Costner), (Kevin Kline, Danny Glover). After helping a group of settlers track down a pack of thieves, Emmett and his men descend on the troubled town of Silverado to seek their fortunes. Soon after arriving, they discover that the town has fallen into the grasp of greedy rancher Ethan McKendrick (Ray Baker) and corrupt Sheriff Cobb (Brian Dennehy) with whom many of Emmett’s men have unfinished business.
A freewill cash donation will be collected as people drive in, with the proceeds split between the Midwest Theater, Legacy of the Plains Museum, and another featured community organization, which is Scottsbluff-Gering Community Soup Kitchen this week.
The Midwest Theater worked with the Panhandle Public Health District to develop guidelines everyone will need to follow to care for our community during this fun event:
- Please do not come if you or a member of your family is sick.
- PLEASE Only attend as a family/group who all live together. Do not stop and pick up your friends/family or other people who don’t live with you. We reserve the right to turn you away, if we know you are attending with others.
- No One under the age of 18 will be admitted without a Parent/Guardian. For everyone’s Safety, the Parent/Guardian must be driving
- Starting 5/15/20 We will provide a porta potty for emergency use along with hand sanitizer. We still recommend you use the restroom before you arrive. Please ensure 6 feet apart should a line start to form for use. We ask that one person use at a time, unless with a child.
- You will need to stay inside your vehicle at all times, except to use the bathroom.
- Starting 5/15/20: For pickup trucks – .You can sit in the back of a truck.
- Starting 5/15/20: For SUV/Mini Vans – You can sit with the hatch up/back door open.
- You will need an FM radio to receive the movie sound inside your vehicle. Consider bringing a battery-powered portable radio to avoid running down your vehicle’s battery.
- Please wait for an attendant to help you park to ensure an optimal viewing experience for everyone. Larger vehicles will be parked towards the back and sides of the parking lot.
If you have questions, call the theater number 308-632-4311.
Special thanks to the following for making these Midwest Theater Pop-Up Drive-Up movies possible: Stor-Aul, Legacy of the Plains Museum, KNEB / Rural Radio, Panhandle Public Health District, Nebraska Arts Council, Nebraska Cultural Endowment.