The Empire Strikes Back Pop-Up Drive-Up by StorAul
The Midwest Theater Pop-Up Drive-Up by StorAul, Movie Magic Extra:
“Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back” May 4 & 5 at Legacy of the Plains
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back is celebrating its 40th Anniversary in 2020, and the Midwest Theater is super excited to show it on Star Wars Day, May the 4th. Come out and enjoy this classic film under the stars at the drive-up, and May the Fourth be with you!
Location: Legacy of the Plains Museum parking lot, 2930 Old Oregon Trail Road
Dates: Mon., May. 4, & Tues., May. 5
Film: Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back
Run time: 2h 7min
Gates open: 7:30pm, Show start time: 8:30pm
Admission: $20 per car, general admission parking, with limit 70 cars per screening.
*Admission is non-refundable, screening will take place rain or shine.
Pre-purchase of admission is suggested. Sales start Friday, April 24, online only at MidwestTheater.com.
Purchases of popcorn, soda, and candy at the drive-thru concessions stand are supporting the Midwest Theater during the covid-19 closure. The theater asks that you make your snack purchases at the concessions stand instead of bringing snacks from home if at all possible. The preferred payment method for concessions is contactless credit/debit card. If paying by cash, exact change is requested, as no change will be given. Extra cash received will be considered a donation to the Midwest Theater.
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
The adventure continues in this “Star Wars” sequel. Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill), Han Solo (Harrison Ford), Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher) and Chewbacca (Peter Mayhew) face attack by the Imperial forces and its AT-AT walkers on the ice planet Hoth. While Han and Leia escape in the Millennium Falcon, Luke travels to Dagobah in search of Yoda. Only with the Jedi master’s help will Luke survive when the dark side of the Force beckons him into the ultimate duel with Darth Vader (David Prowse).
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/JNwNXF9Y6kY” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>
The Midwest Theater worked with the Panhandle Public Health District to develop guidelines everyone will need to follow to care for our community during this fun event:
- PLEASE only attend as a family/group who all live together. Do not stop and pick up your friends/family or other people who don’t live with you. We reserve the right to turn you away, if we know you are attending with others.
- No one under the age of 18 will be admitted without a parent/guardian. For everyone’s safety, the parent/guardian must be driving.
- THERE WILL BE NO BATHROOM FACILITIES OPEN ON SITE. Please use the restroom before you arrive.
- You will need an FM radio to receive the movie sound inside your vehicle. Consider bringing a battery-powered portable radio to avoid running down your vehicle’s battery.
- Please do not come if you or a member of your family is sick.
- You will need to stay inside your vehicle at all times. For pickup trucks, you will need to remain inside the cab.
- Please wait for an attendant to help you park to ensure an optimal viewing experience for everyone. Larger vehicles will be parked towards the back and sides of the parking lot.
If you have questions, call the theater number 308-632-4311.
Special thanks to the following for making these Midwest Theater Pop-Up Drive-Up movies possible: Stor-Aul, Legacy of the Plains Museum, KNEB / Rural Radio, Panhandle Public Health District, Nebraska Arts Council, Nebraska Cultural Endowment.