The Guilt Trip
Date: May 9th, 2020Time: 7:30pm
Film: The Guilt Trip
Dates: Sat., May 2
Rated: PG-13, Run time: 1h 17min
Gates open: 7:30pm, Show start time: 8:40pm
Before embarking on a once-in-a-lifetime road trip, Andy Brewster (Seth Rogen) pays a visit to his overbearing mother, Joyce (Barbra Streisand). That proves to be a big mistake; Andy caves in under pressure to take his mom along for the ride. Early on — as the miles roll by — Andy feels nothing but aggravation at her antics. Eventually however, he comes to realize that they have more in common than he first thought and that Joyce’s wisdom might be just what he needs.
Film: The Incredibles
Dates: Fri., May 8, & Sun., May 10
Rated: PG, Run time: 1h 56min
Gates open: 7:30pm, Show start time: approx 8:40pm
In this lauded Pixar animated film, married superheroes Mr. Incredible (Craig T. Nelson) and Elastigirl (Holly Hunter) are forced to assume mundane lives as Bob and Helen Parr after all super-powered activities have been banned by the government. While Mr. Incredible loves his wife and kids, he longs to return to a life of adventure, and he gets a chance when summoned to an island to battle an out-of-control robot. Soon, Mr. Incredible is in trouble, and it’s up to his family to save him.
A freewill cash donation will be collected as people drive in, with the proceeds split between the Midwest Theater, Legacy of the Plains Museum, and another featured community organization, which is The Doves Program this week.
The Midwest Theater worked with the Panhandle Public Health District to develop guidelines everyone will need to follow to care for our community during this fun event:
- PLEASE Only attend as a family/group who all live together. Do not stop and pick up your friends/family or other people who don’t live with you. We reserve the right to turn you away, if we know you are attending with others.
- No One under the age of 18 will be admitted without a Parent/Guardian. For everyone’s Safety, the Parent/Guardian must be driving
- Window must remain rolled up.
- THERE WILL BE NO BATHROOM FACILITIES OPEN ON SITE. Please use the restroom before you arrive.
- You will need an FM radio to receive the movie sound inside your vehicle. Consider bringing a battery-powered portable radio to avoid running down your vehicle’s battery.
- Please do not come if you or a member of your family is sick.
- You will need to stay inside your vehicle at all times. For pickup trucks, you will need to remain inside the cab.
- Please wait for an attendant to help you park to ensure an optimal viewing experience for everyone. Larger vehicles will be parked towards the back and sides of the parking lot.
If you have questions, call the theater number 308-632-4311.
Special thanks to the following for making these Midwest Theater Pop-Up Drive-Up movies possible: Stor-Aul, Legacy of the Plains Museum, KNEB / Rural Radio, Panhandle Public Health District, Nebraska Arts Council, Nebraska Cultural Endowment.